Exciting and inexpensive ways to spend Summer in the Philippines Part 1
It’s summertime once again! Filipinos and tourists alike flock to different places in the Philippines for a short vacation. In this economic turmoil, it isn’t too wise to spend too much money in Boracay especially when you have been there for like six times or so. After all, it is the most crowded place in the country especially during peak season. Remember, going out on a vacation do not need to be expensive. So here are some ways to enjoy your summer vacation in the Philippines without spending too much.
1. A trip to Lake Caliraya. Located in Lumban, Laguna, Lake Caliraya resort is more than just a resort. It has spacious amenities for various water and outdoor activities like swimming, wake boarding, surfing, fishing, jetski, speedboat, canoeing, soccer, tennis, bandminton, horseback riding, rapelling, and more. Accommodation starts at $108. Rates for amenities range between Php50 (or $1) to Php6,000.00 ($125) depending on your choice of activity. For more information, visit Lake Caliraya website.
2. The Farm in San Benito. Stressed from work and the hustle and bustle of the city? A visit at The Farm in San Benito will help you relieve yourself from stress. A haven for relaxation, this wellness resort offers a total holistic treatment. Feel rejuvenated with spa treatment, meditational and gym lounges and more. A day trip would cost you less than Php2,000 ($41.67) while you can also opto to take their promotional packages starting at Php6,790++ for a 2days and 1 night stay, choice of suite or villa with breakfast at Alive! restaurant, welcome drink, walking guided tour, 60mins spa treatment, use of facilities, and Fitness and Spiritual development sessions. Visit The Farm for a relaxing vacation.
3. Surfin’ and Fishin’ in Zambales. Another cool place to go surfing and fishing would be the Pundaquit Island in San Antonio, Zambales. Its pristine waters,relaxing environment, warm and friendly people are only three of the many reasons to visit Pundaquit Island. This is the perfect place for nature lovers and beach bums. Visit Pundaquit for additional information.
4. Subic Adventure. If you’re looking for some real adventure, Subic is the place to be. The Subic Bay Freeport opens its jungle to the public and named it as Zoobic Safari for a one of a kind exotic wildlife experience with tigers and other animals. The tiger habitat experience is the most awaited and exciting activity because it allows guests to get close to the tigers through an enclosed jeepney that enters into a tiger habitat. Feeding tigers are also allowed but you have to pay an additional Php150 (about $3.13) for the chicken. Aside from tigers, Zoobic Safari also features snakes, lizards, crocodile and other animals for viewing. A day tour costs Php2,000 ($41.67). If you’re tired of the jungle experience, take a swim and interact with friendly dolphins at the Ocean Adventure. Subic also boasts of its Ocean Adventure where you get a closer experience with whales and dolphins for a day tour rate of Php2,500.
Subic is also known for its rich coral reefs and diving spots perfect for diving enthusiasts. First time divers who want to learn basic fundamentals of diving are free to do so for only Php4.500.00 ($93.75).
5. Reflecting in Sagada. Going to Sagada will take you about 12hrs long drive. There are three options to choose from. You can either take the Manila-Baguio-Sagada, Manila-Banaue-Sagada or Manila-Bontoc-Sagada route. Fares range from Php680-800/pax ($14.16-$16.66) while guided tour rates depend on the type of package that you would choose. Packages include cave connection (Lumiang to Sumaguing cave), basic caving in Sumaguing Cave, trekking in Bomod-ok falls or Mt. Ampacao, or trekking in Mt. Polis, sight seeing and rock climbing. Accommodation would cost between Php200-250/night which is only about $4-5. A trip to Sagada can be tiring but it’s all worth it. Once you’re there, you’ll realize that the journey is more like a soul spa experience. For more rates and packages, visit Sagada online.
Whatever you plan to do this summer, make sure that it’s a safe and fun-filled experience with your loved ones. Bring only necessary stuff especially for long drives. More tips and places to visit on the next post.